The first runner-up of the maiden edition of TV3’s music reality show ‘Mentor’, Odarky Andy, has said he was allegedly poisoned during his days at the ‘Mentor’ house.
Speaking on Emelia Brobbey’s Okukuseku Show, Andy said he was forced to be mute about his ordeal after colleagues ganged up to poison him to die on three different occasions.
According to him, although he still does not know who was behind the dastardly act, he believes he was seen as a major threat to the success of his other contestants.
“I’ve been poisoned three times. I was poisoned during the Mentor times. I was made aware after diagnosis at the hospital. Mentor’s experience was not about regular food poisoning. It was actually a substance someone had put either into my food or water in an attempt to kill me,” he alleged.
“There’s always that tension in competitions and others see you as a threat so the best way is to get you out so there’s no competition,” he continued.
“I was admitted for three days at Holy Trinity Hospital (who were sponsors of the show) and that’s where someone hinted me of the reason I had been admitted. The individual, however, asked that I do not talk about it since that would have been the end of the show so I also had to keep mute on it,” he added.
Andy said he advised himself and started preparing his food in the house which saved his life.
Little glimpses of success have characterized the musical journey of Andy who was the toast of the show some years ago. Many had the belief that he was going to be a major player in the Ghanaian music industry which has not actually materialized yet.