Chike also known by his birth name Chike-Ezekpeazu Osebuka, is a multi-talented Nigerian artist who has gained popularity as a singer, composer, and actor.
He rose to fame after participating in the Nigerian reality show Project Fame West Africa in 2015 and finishing as the runner-up in the first season of The Voice Nigeria.
In addition to his musical accomplishments, Chike made his acting debut on the Africa Magic Showcase series Battleground, where he portrayed the character Mayowa Badmus.
Notably, Chike serves as an ambassador for Airtel Nigeria.In this article we will explore the Biography of Chike.
|Full Name||Chike-Ezekpeazu Osebuka|
|Nick Name||Ladies’ man | Chike-ranking|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1993|
|Place of Birth||Anambra State, Nigeria|
|Occupation||Singer | Actor|
|Active Since||2009 – present|
|Parents||Mr. and Mrs. Osebuka|
Early Life And Education
Chike-Ezekpeazu Osebuka was born on January 28, 1993, in Anambra State, Nigeria. He grew up in a musically inclined family and started singing at a young age.
Chike attended primary and secondary school in Lagos State, Nigeria, where he participated in various music competitions and stage performances.
After completing his secondary education, Chike enrolled at Covenant University in Ogun State, Nigeria, where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering.
Throughout his education, Chike continued to pursue his passion for music and honed his skills as a singer and composer.
He participated in various musical competitions and events, including the Lagos State Inter-Schools Talent Competition, which he won in 2009.
READ MORE >>> Tayo Faniran Biography
Chike’s career in the music industry was propelled by his upbringing in a musically inclined household.
He embarked on his singing journey in 2009 and took part in several competitions, which served as an opportunity to refine his skills.
He was recognized as the best vocalist in a contest held at his high school that same year.
Chike made his debut in the music industry as a contestant in Project Fame West Africa, a platform that gave him the opportunity to showcase his talent to a broader audience. However, he was eliminated after making it to the top ten.
Undeterred, Chike returned to the limelight as a participant in The Voice Nigeria, where he delivered an outstanding performance of the song “Roses” by UK artiste, James Arthur.
His performance caught the attention of all four coaches, including Patoranking, who described him as a superstar and pledged to help him become one.
Chike went on to join Patoranking’s team, where he showcased his versatility in various rounds of the competition, including the battle round, live shows, and the semi-final.
With his captivating performances, Chike won the hearts of many and earned the nickname “Ladies’ man” from the show’s host.
He also earned the moniker “Chike-ranking” from his coach, Patoranking.
Ultimately, Chike emerged as the runner-up in the first season of The Voice Nigeria, with A’rese from Team Waje taking first place.
After the competition, Chike and the other top four contestants were signed to Universal Republic.
He released his debut single “Fancy U” under the label in December 2016, followed by the music video in early 2017. Chike, however, left the label in November 2017 to pursue a solo career.
In February 2018, Chike released his second single “Beautiful People,” which was well-received by fans and music enthusiasts.
In 2020, he launched his 14-track album, “Boo of the Booless,” during his guest appearance on the Big Brother Lockdown TV show, further cementing his status as a talented musician.
Beyond his music career, Chike has also delved into acting, making his debut in the African Magic Showcase series “Battleground” in 2017.
He played the character of Mayowa Badmus, a rich, egocentric, and pampered son of the patriarch, in the television drama.
- Tecno Mobile: Chike is a brand ambassador for Tecno Mobile, a Chinese mobile phone manufacturer. He was announced as the brand ambassador in 2020 and has appeared in various promotional materials for the company.
- GAC Motors: Chike has also been associated with GAC Motors, a Chinese automobile manufacturer. He was announced as the brand ambassador for the company in 2021.
- Airtel Nigeria: In 2020, Chike partnered with Airtel Nigeria, a telecommunications company, for their “Together We Are More” campaign. He appeared in a commercial for the company, promoting the idea of unity and togetherness.
- Fancy U (2016)
- Soldier (2017)
- Beautiful People (2018)
- Amen (2019)
- Nakupenda (2019)
- Out of Love (2019)
- Insecure (2020)
- If You No Love (2020)
- Running (To You) with Simi (2021)
- Roju (2021)
- Boo of the Booless (2020)
- Boo of the Booless (Acoustic Version) (2021)
- Dance of the Booless, Vol. 1 (2021)
- Won’t Be Late (feat. Chike) by DJ Spinall (2019)
- Faithful by L.A.X (feat. 2Baba) & Chike (2020)
- Forever (Remix) by Gyakie (feat. Omah Lay & Chike) (2021)
- Sun Momi (Only You) [Remix] by Korede Bello (feat. Chike) (2021).
- Battleground (2017
- Life as it is ( 2019
- Clandestine (2019
- Gang of Lagos (2023
READ MORE >>> Tobi Bakre Biography
Awards And Nominations
- City People Entertainment Awards 2020 – Best New Male Act
- The Headies 2021 – Best Pop Album (Boo of the Booless)
- The Headies 2020 – Best Vocal Performance (Male), Best Alternative Song, Album of the Year, Viewer’s Choice Award
- All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) 2020 – Best Male Artiste in Western Africa
- The Future Awards Africa 2020 – The Future Awards Africa Prize for Music
- Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA) 2020 – Best Actor in a Drama (Movie/TV series) for his role in the movie “Painted White.”
READ MORE >>> Adesua Etomi-wellington
As of 2023, Chike’s estimated net worth is $250,000. This figure takes into account his earnings as a successful musician and actor.
Social Media Handles
Here are Chike’s social media handles:
- Instagram: @officialchike
- Twitter: @Officialchike
- Facebook: @OfficialChike
- YouTube: Chike-Ezekpeazu Osebuka