Adesua Etomi-Wellington Biography
Adesua Etomi, also known as Tolulope Adesua Etomi-Wellington, is a well-known Nigerian actress, entrepreneur, model, movie producer, and singer.
In this article, I will provide you with information about her Biography, early life, career, family, and other interesting facts that you may not be aware of. Let’s begin by exploring her early life.
Adesua Etomi-Wellington Biography
- Full Name: Tolulope Adesua Etomi-Wellington
- Date of Birth: February 22, 1988
- Place of Birth: Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Education: Drama and Performance, University of Wolverhampton (UK)
- Occupation: Actress
- Years Active: 2014 – present
- Spouse: Banky W (Olubankole Wellington), Nigerian singer, rapper, and politician
Early Life And Education
Adesua Etomi, a well-known Nigerian movie actress and producer, was born in Owerri, Imo State, in the late 1980s to Mr. and Mrs. Etomi.
She is the youngest of three children, and her mother is a Yoruba Engineer while her father is an Esan soldier. Adesua was born on February 22nd, 1986.
For her early education, Adesua attended Corona School in Victoria Island, Lagos, and later proceeded to Queen’s College in Lagos for her secondary education.
After that, she moved to the United Kingdom, where she pursued courses in Physical Theatre, Musical Theatre, and Performing Arts at City College Coventry.
Upon completion of her courses, Adesua enrolled at the University of Wolverhampton and graduated with first-class Honours in Drama and Performance.
READ MORE >>> Tobi Bakre Biography
Adesua Etomi has had a successful career in the entertainment industry in Nigeria and beyond.
She began her acting career in 2014 when she starred in the Nigerian TV series, “Knocking On Heaven’s Door”.
Her outstanding performance in the series caught the attention of many, and soon she became a sought-after actress in Nollywood.
In 2016, Adesua starred in the movie, “The Wedding Party”, which turned out to be a huge success, grossing over 400 million nairas and becoming the highest-grossing Nigerian movie at the time.
Her role in the movie as “Dunni Coker” won her several awards and nominations, including the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
Adesua has since gone on to star in several other movies and TV series, including “Falling”, “The Arbitration”, “10 Days in Sun City”, “The Wedding Party 2”, “King of Boys”, and “Sugar Rush”.
She has received numerous awards and nominations for her outstanding performances in these movies, including the AMVCA Trailblazer Award and the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
In addition to acting, Adesua is also a movie producer, and she has produced movies such as “Brave”, “Malika: Warrior Queen”, and “Water: The Film”. She is also a talented singer and has released a few singles.
Adesua’s success in the entertainment industry has earned her international recognition, and she has been featured in several publications, including Vogue magazine.
She is a brand ambassador for many reputable companies and has also been involved in several philanthropic works.
Adesua Etomi is undoubtedly a force to reckon with in the Nigerian entertainment industry.
Adesua got married to Nigerian musician and actor, Banky W, in 2018, in a highly publicized wedding ceremony that took place in Lagos, Nigeria.
The couple had been dating for a few years before tying the knot, and their wedding was attended by many celebrities and dignitaries from across Nigeria and beyond.
Adesua and Banky W are known to be a loving couple, they have a son together,and they frequently share glimpses of their relationship on social media.
They have also worked together on several projects, including the movie “The Wedding Party,” where they played love interests.
Apart from her marriage, Adesua is also known for her strong Christian faith, and she has been vocal about her beliefs on several occasions.
She has also used her platform to speak up about social issues such as mental health, gender equality, and domestic violence.
- Gangs of Lagos – Gift (2023)
- Far from Home – Ms. Irurhe (TV Series, 2022 – 1 episode)
- The Set Up 2 – Chike (2022)
- Sugar Rush – Susie Sugar (2019)
- Muna – Muna (2019)
- The Set Up – Chike (2019)
- Malika – Warrior Queen Pilot – Malika (voice) (TV Short, 2019)
- Up North – Zainab (2018)
- King of Boys – Kemi Salami (2018)
- Crazy, Lovely, Cool – Funmi (TV Series, 2018 – 10 episodes)
- International Affairs – Lillian Okafor (2018)
- Memoirs of 4 – Teni (2018)
- Wedding Party 2 – Dunni Onwuka (2017)
- In Line – Kate (2017)
- 10 Days in Sun City – Bianca (2017)
- Shuga – Sheila (TV Series, 2015-2017 – 7 episodes)
- Something Wicked – Claudia (2017)
- Ayamma: Music in the Forest – Iko Ihouma (2016)
- The Wedding Party – Dunni Coker (2016)
- The Arbitration – Dara Olujobi (2016)
- Couple of Days – Nina (2016)
- Falling – Muna (2015)
- A Soldier’s Story – Lebari (2015)
- Out of Luck – Bisola (2015)
- Phobos – Ada (Short, 2015)
- Knocking on Heaven’s Door – Debbie (2014)
- Brave – Layo Doga (Short, 2014)
- Gidi Up – Sharon Olaitan Jagun (TV Series, 2013
Adesua Etomi is a highly acclaimed Nigerian actress and has won several awards for her performances. Here are some of the awards she has won:
- Best Actress in a Drama at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards for her role in “Falling”
- Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2017 Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role in “The Wedding Party”
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 2018 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards for her role in “The Wedding Party 2”
- Best Actress in a Drama at the 2018 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards for her role in “10 Days in Sun City”
- Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2019 Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role in “Muna”
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 2020 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards for her role in “King of Boys”
- Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2020 Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role in “The Set-Up”.
READ MORE >>> Judy Austin Biography
Adesua is regarded as one of the most renowned and influential actresses in Nigeria, which is reflected in her estimated net worth of $500,000.
Social Media Handles
Adesua Etomi-Wellington is active on various social media platforms. Here are her official handles:
- Twitter: @AdesuaEtomi
- Instagram: @adesuaetomi
- Facebook: @adesuaetomiwellington