Adekunle Gold Biography
Adekunle Almoruf Kosoko, hailing from the royal family of Kosoko in Lagos State, Nigeria, is a renowned Nigerian musician, songwriter, and graphic designer who goes by the stage names Adekunle Gold or AG Baby.
He kick-started his career at a young age and gained massive recognition in 2014 with the release of “Sade,” a cover of One Direction’s hit track, “Story of My Life.”
Adekunle Gold Biography
Full Name : Adekunle Almoruf Kosoko
Nick name : Adekunle Gold
Date of Birth : 28th January, 1987
Place of Birth : Lagos State, Nigeria
Occupation : Singer, Songwriter, Sculptor & Graphic designer
Spouse : Simi
Net Worth : $1.8 million
Early Life And Education
Adekunle Almoruf Kosoko, popularly known as Adekunle Gold, was born on January 28, 1987, in Lagos State, Nigeria.
He was born into the Kosoko royal family and is the first and only son of the family.
Adekunle grew up in Ifako-Agege and Ikotun, both suburbs of Lagos State.
As a child, Adekunle was creative and showed a keen interest in both music and art.
He attended public schools for his primary and secondary education.
After completing his secondary education, Adekunle decided to pursue a career in art and design.
He enrolled at Lagos State Polytechnic, where he obtained a Higher National Diploma in Arts and Design.
While studying at Lagos State Polytechnic, Adekunle developed a strong interest in music.
He started writing and recording his songs, which he shared with his friends and family.
Despite his passion for music, Adekunle remained focused on his studies and continued to excel in his academic pursuits.
In addition to his studies, Adekunle was also a freelance graphic designer, working on various projects for clients.
His work was highly praised, and he quickly gained a reputation as a talented artist.
Adekunle’s passion for music led him to co-found a teenage band called The Bridge while still in secondary school.
Although the band disbanded shortly after, Adekunle’s love for music never waned. He continued to write and record music while working as a freelance graphic designer.
READ MORE >>> Asake Biography
Adekunle Gold is a multi-talented and charming musician with a unique and rich voice.
He is also a skilled and crafty artist, having worked as a sculptor and graphics designer prior to gaining fame in the music industry.
In fact, he was nicknamed the “King of Photoshop” after posting a photoshopped image of himself hugging Tiwa Savage on social media, which became quite popular.
Although he had a successful career as a freelance graphics designer, Adekunle’s passion for music drove him to join his church choir group, where he spent 11 years honing his skills.
He drew inspiration from the likes of King Sunny Ade and Evangelist Ebenezer Obey, whose music he listened to while growing up.
It wasn’t long before he wrote his first song and began his journey to the limelight.
Adekunle Gold’s breakthrough came after the release of his hit single “Sade,” and he subsequently released his first official single titled “Orente” under the YBNL Nation record label, after signing a contract with them on March 5, 2015.
He continued to gain more recognition with the release of subsequent albums, including his fourth studio album “Catch Me If You Can,” which was released on February 4, 2022.
This album features 14 tracks, with guest appearances from Davido, Fatoumata Diawara, Lucky Daye, Stefflon Don, Foushee, and TY Dolla $ign.
Following the expiration of his contract with YBNL, Adekunle Gold launched his own record label called “The 79th Element,” named after the atomic number for gold in Chemistry.
He also launched “The Afro Urban,” which he operates with a team of other professionals.
Adekunle Gold’s gradual success has earned him numerous endorsements and accolades, including his album “Gold” making it to the No7 spot on the Billboard World Album Chart for the week.
His music is played on various TV stations and has gained recognition from Adele and other prominent celebrities.
He has collaborated with several A-list Nigerian musicians such as Simi, Lil Kesh, Omah Lay, Wizkid, Kiss Daniel, Olamide, and many others, further solidifying his status as one of Nigeria’s finest musicians.
Adekunle Gold is undoubtedly one of the most talented and beloved musicians in Nigeria. He has a massive following and is particularly adored by his female fans.
His music is known for its quality and his music videos are always visually stunning.
In January of 2019, Adekunle Gold tied the knot with his long-time sweetheart, Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye, better known as Simi.
The couple had been in a relationship for over five years before they finally decided to get married.
Their union was a beautiful coming together of two talented individuals and was celebrated widely by fans and well-wishers alike.
The couple’s love story is one that many people find inspiring. They first met on social media and hit it off immediately.
Over time, their love grew and they became one of the most beloved celebrity couples in Nigeria.
In addition to being talented musicians, they are also known for their stylish fashion sense and have become fashion icons in their own right.
In May 2020, the couple welcomed their first child, a beautiful daughter named Adejare.
The birth of their daughter was a joyful occasion and further cemented their love for each other.
They have since shared numerous adorable pictures of their little family on social media, much to the delight of their fans.
- Gold (2016)
- About 30 (2018)
- Afro Pop Vol. 1 (2020)
- Catch Me If You Can (2022)
- Adekunle Gold (2014)
- About 30 (The Playlist) (2018)
- Afro Pop, Vol. 1 (Alternate Cuts) (2020)
- It Is What It Is (2021)
- Sade (2015)
- Orente (2015)
- Pick Up (2015)
- Ready (2016)
- Ariwo Ko (2016)
- No Forget (featuring Simi) (2016)
- My Life (2016)
- Work (2016)
- Call On Me (2017)
- Money (2017)
- Only Girl (featuring Moelogo) (2017)
- Mama (2017)
- Ire (2018)
- Damn, Delilah (2018)
- Fame (2018)
- Young Love (2019)
- Kelegbe Megbe (2019)
- Jore (featuring Kizz Daniel) (2020)
- Something Different (2020)
- AG Baby (featuring Nailah Blackman) (2020)
- Okay (2020)
- It Is What It Is (2021)
- High (featuring Davido) (2021)
- Sinner (featuring Lucky Daye) (2021)
- Antidote (2021)
- Sabina (2021)
- Exclusive (featuring Olayinka Ehi) (2021)
- Sere (featuring Simi) (2022)
- On Your Mark (2022)
- Mama (featuring Foushee) (2022)
- Temptation (with Pheelz) (2014)
- Headies 2015 Theme Song (with Olamide) (2015)
- Who You Epp (Refix) (with Olamide) (2016)
- Happy Day (with Bouqui) (2016)
- Desire (with Victoria Kimani) (2017)
- Back To Start (with AKA) (2017)
- Believe Anthem (with Adekunle Gold, Mayorkun, Dremo & Peruzzi) (2018)
- Promise (with Simi) (2019)
- By You (with Simi) (2019)
- AG Baby (Remix) (featuring Lucky Daye) (2021)
READ MORE >>> Burna Boy Biography
Awards And Nominations
Adekunle Gold, the Nigerian singer, songwriter, sculptor, and graphic designer has been recognized for his exceptional work in the music industry.
Here are some of his notable awards and nominations:
- 2015: Nigeria Entertainment Awards – Best Song (Sade)
- 2015: Beat Of Lagos Awards – Best Song (Sade)
- 2015: City People Entertainment Awards – Best New Act Of The Year
- 2016: Nigerian Entertainment Awards – Best Song (Pick Up)
- 2016: The Headies – Best Alternative Song (Pick Up)
- 2017: The Headies – Best Alternative Song (Ariwo Ko)
- 2018: The Headies – Best Collaboration (Ire with Simi)
- 2018: City People Music Awards – Best Collabo Of The Year (Ire with Simi)
- 2019: AFRIMA Awards – Best African Video (Yo Yo Yo featuring Flavour)
- 2019: City People Music Awards – Male Artiste Of The Year
- 2020: The Headies – Best Afro Pop Album (Afro Pop Vol. 1)
- 2020: AFRIMMA Awards – Album Of The Year (Afro Pop Vol. 1)
- 2020 Headies Award for Best Afro Pop Album (Afro Pop Vol. 1)
- 2021 City People Music Award for Album of the Year (Afro Pop Vol. 1)
- 2021 All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) for Best African Electro-Pop Artist
- 2015: Nigerian Music Video Awards – Best Highlife Video (Sade)
- 2015: Nigerian Music Video Awards – Best R&B Video (Sade)
- 2015: MTV Africa Music Awards – Best New Act
- 2016: City People Entertainment Awards – Best Collabo Of The Year (No Forget featuring Simi)
- 2016: City People Entertainment Awards – Artiste Of The Year
- 2016: The Headies – Next Rated
- 2017: The Headies – Best Reggae/Dancehall Single (Work)
- 2017: The Headies – Best Video Of The Year (Work)
- 2017: Soundcity MVP Awards Festival – Best Highlife Act
- 2018: The Headies – Best Pop Single (Call On Me)
- 2018: AFRIMMA Awards – Best African R&B And Soul (Ire)
- 2019: The Headies – Best Collabo (Promise with Simi)
- 2020: AFRIMMA Awards – Best Male West Africa
- 2020: Soundcity MVP Awards Festival – Best Pop Artiste
- 2021: The Headies – Viewer’s Choice Award (Something Different)
- 2021: The Headies – Best Alternative Song (AG Baby ft. Nailah Blackman)
- 2021: The Headies – Best Pop Single (Something Different)
- 2021: All Africa Music Awards – Best African Duo, Group or Band (with Nailah Blackman for AG Baby)
Adekunle Gold’s estimated net worth stands at around $1.8 million, which is attributed to his earnings from various sources such as his music releases, music videos, live performances, and brand endorsements as an ambassador for various companies.
READ MORE >>> Ayra starr Biography
Social Media Handles
Adekunle Gold can be found on
Twitter with the handle @adekunleGOLD
Instagram with the handle @adekulegold0.